How do you keep company culture strong in the face of a pandemic? Postal treats are a great place to start but that’s not all you can do. We caught up with Hayley Bird, Office Manager, to hear how she’s kept ThoughtSpot’s culture thriving during these strange times.
How important is workplace culture at ThoughtSpot and what are some of the ways the company nurtures it?
How have you preserved team morale and togetherness whilst the team has been working remotely?
- All Hands meetings being held more regularly to keep staff updated on changes throughout the year.
- Weekly Friday coffee morning catch-up for 20 minutes, where a rota is devised to mix the teams and regions.
- Quiz nights
- Halloween pumpkin carving and fancy dress event with the family for which wonderful CakeDrop letterbox cookies were sent out
- Christmas Trivia and jumper night supporting Save the Children and raising money
- Christmas hampers to all EMEA staff to say thank you for all their hard work during 2020
As an office manager, what couldn’t you do your job without?
I couldn’t live without the support of my colleagues for invaluable advice. I also belong to the Office Management Portal which is a great platform where other Office Managers, PA/EAs can share knowledge, ask for advice, attending training zoom calls, source vendor details and recommendations, obtain templates, and much much more.